Monday, June 16, 2008

The First Post.

I wanted to create this blog as a means to record my Home Making Journey. I have been visiting Fly Lady, Organized Home and many other similar websites to try to find the secret to home maintenance. Guess what I discovered? There are a million ways to "Get 'er done!" lol this blog will be about My way.

I started with making my bed everyday and setting up a laundry schedule after a marathon laundry session to get everything washed, folded and put away. It took me three days of running my washer a dryer constantly to get through all the laundry. As I folded each load I made two piles. One to keep and one to give away. I ended up getting rid of more than I kept! Now I follow a laundry schedule. As you can see, I do laundry 4 days a week and never on the weekends. With my new way of doing things the weekends are free from housework other than cleaning up after ourselves so we are free to have fun!

Laundry Schedule


Mondays

My laundry

Tuesdays

Laundry day off

Wednesdays

Wash younger children's laundry

Thursdays

All towel and wash cloth laundry

Fridays

Bedding Laundry



I am currently in the process of putting together my Operations Manual for my home. Fly Lady calls hers a Control Journal. I have also heard it called a Home Manage Binder, Base Camp and Sanity journal! Regardless of what you call it, the objective is the same. It is a tool to help direct you even during the foggy daze of sleep deprivation, and crazy schedules that is parenthood.

For the next little while I will be explaining the process of putting my Operations Manual together. Tomorrows post will be about what supplies I used.

No comments: