Monday, June 16, 2008

Creating a Home Journal: Step 5, Part 1-Cleaning


This section is big so we will break it into a few posts. In this Section I keep my Cleaning Plan, the Children's Chore charts and some of my favourite cleaning solution recipes. The first part will be about my Cleaning Plan.

This is the first page of my cleaning section. The table shows each day of the week, What cleaning I need to do, and the tools I need to do it. In order to create it, I made a list of all the important chores that must be done. then I divided them by tools needed to complete them and lastly, I assigned them a day. When I was done I had a chart that looked like this:

Cleaning Plan


DayChoreTools

Monday

Sweep and mop all floors

Broom, Dustpan, Mop, Bucket. Mr. Clean, Plastic Scraper

TuesdayClean all mirrors and TV/computer screens and inside windows; wipe down all surfaces; dustWindow Shammy, Windoe cleaner, Plastic Scraper
WednesdayClean all sinks, toilets, the shower and tubAbrasive Cleaner, Plastic Scouring Pad, All-Purpose Cleaner, Rags , a Towel
ThursdayWater plants, collect garbage Watering Can and Fresh Water, A Lrg Garbage Bag
FridayClean stove, refirgerator, dishwasher; washing machine and drier All-Purpose Cleaner, Abrasive Cleaner, Plastic Scouring Pad, Rags Towel


You might want to includyour laundry schedule here too. Below is mine

Laundry Schedule

Mondays

My laundry

Tuesdays

Wash younger children's laundry

Wednesdays

All towel and wash cloth laundry

Thursdays

Laundry day off

Fridays

Bedding Laundry





Homework
  • create a title page for this section.

  • Make a list of weekly chores

  • Divide them by tools needed.

  • Assign each group to a day of the week.

  • Put the information in a chart or a way that makes sense to you and print it out and put it in your binder ;)

    Next
    Supply lists and solution recipes
  • No comments: