Friday, March 5, 2010

What is in your Purse?

Today is the day I clean out my purse. It has occurred to me that what is in my purse is a strong reflection of what stage I am in life. Currently I have a wallet, a change purse, my planner with Dr. appointments, parent council activities and various activities of children, a few diapers, a package of baby wipes, hand cream, a camera a bottle of water, a package of crackers and sugarless gum. Clearly a mom's purse right? I remember a time when my purse was a lot different lol I have had a teen's purse - gaudy make-up, hairspray, a hair brush, notes from class I am hiding from my parents, concert stubs. Career Girl - wallet with a lot more disposable income lol and condoms! Planner with appointments to the salon, dates with friends/hot random guys (Ok, maybe not)

I have also noticed that what I carry my purse items in has changed often over the years as well. I have used a disco purse-barley large enough to hold keys and money, a fashionable backpack-perfect for holding personal items along with school books, a diaper bags way back when I was a new mom and had to bring half the house along with me just in case baby needed something, a quilted bag for outings that required me to bring a selection of entertainment and nourishment for toddlers and now my current handbag that my mother got me for Christmas because she wanted me to have something nice. I am sure at some point I will probably change to something else again to suit my current needs.

No comments: