Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Today I shined my sink...again.

A few personal trials have taken my attention away from this blog...yet again but the good thing about that is that it is still here when I return.

So I am back to basics again. Routines, Thank Maud for routines! I just open my Home Journal and there they are! This week my focus is on Recovery. This is what I do when I fall off the Home Management bandwagon. This could happen for many reasons - illness, family tragedy, whatever! All it means is that for the next few weeks I will do an intensive "Getting Things Back in Order Protocol". Here is what it looks like:


Step 1: Re-instate Routines

This is simple usually because they are already written down for me in my Home Journal. Sometime an adjustment needs to be made due to whatever kept me from doing them in the first place but for the most part I just have to jump in where I left off.

Step 2: Declutter (While continuing with routines)

This step is often the begest. I start at the the top of the house and with three boxes and a timer I enter a room and file all the clutter that doesn't belong in that room. The three files are "Put Away", "Give away", and "Throw Away". I set the timer for 15 minutes and start at the doorway and work my way around the room for 15 minutes at a time. When the timer goes off I file the items in the boxes.

Step 3:
Re-instate Projects (while continuing with missions)

Which really means a return to normal


When I follow this plan it usually doesn't take me more than 3 weeks to get back into my groove and return my serenity!

No comments: