Thursday, January 22, 2009

Making a Play Room

We are making our children a play room. We have a huge master bedroom with a huge closet and a huge south/west window for lots of sun shine. (sorry no picture due to camera mishap ) This play room will require storage for crafts, storage for toys, an area for a queen mattress we use for jumping, and a place to make and display art work. When tackling a job like this I need to make a plan. I outline my steps then decide what I need to do to accomplish them. This is so important for a few reasons. It helps me stay on task, keeps me from getting overwhelmed and lets me see what I have achieved so I don't get discouraged. I thought I might post the steps today and then describe each task in future posts.

  • Empty Room

  • Clean Room

  • Paint Room

  • Decide Window Treatment

  • Create Floor Plan

  • Set Up Art Closet

  • Set Up Play Room
  • 2 comments:

    Heidi Lawler said...

    we use our formal diningroom for a "play area" and it works well, as our bedrooms are tiny, and upstairs, and too far away for my comfort zone.
    revisioning spaces is a great way to sane in your living space.

    Cherie said...

    You should post a picture to give me some ideas!