Thursday, September 11, 2008

Thanksgiving Plan 2008 -Part 1


Time to kick off holiday season! In Canada Thanksgiving is the second Monday of October. It is a celebration of the harvest and a time to express ones gratitude. I start preparing 6 weeks a head of time. Each week has a theme assigned to it. They are as follows:
  • Week 1:Planning
  • Week 2:Canning
  • Week 3:Gathering
  • Week 4:Decorations
  • Week 5:Baking and Cooking
  • Week 6:Celebrating
Last week I thought of who I would invite and invited them, planned my menu, made my grocery list and decided how I wanted to set the table. This week is about canning. I actually got a head start because we went Apple picking last weekend. I made apple butter! I must say it turned out very tasty! I made apple pancakes for supper tonight with some of it. I also plan to make some mustard pickles and zucchini relish this week. I use the recipe for my apple butter. from Pick Your Own.org It turned out amazing.

2 comments:

Kt said...

That's awesome!

If it's not monsooning this weekend, clearly I'm going to have to go find some early apples here ...

Unknown said...

Hmm, I should actually think about Thanksgiving since we usually go to my inlaws but they'll be away. Better get busy planning I guess!