Monday, July 25, 2011

CAMPING!!!!!

We are off camping this week!
Just the children and I. Poor hubby has to work.(I think he is relieved actually) We keep it simple. Tent sleeping bag, bathing suit, hat, sarong, ,jeans and a hoodie in case it is cool at night. A campfire for cooking and my camping pots. We will eat amazing because that is what it is about for me - Good food! Most of the prep is done at home and much of it will be reheated. Here is our menu for the week.

Supper
M:Hot dog/s'more night
T:Veg Chili with cornbread and/or nacho chips and cheese,
W:Hamburgers and Poutine, bean salad, colslaw
T:Souvlaki and Tzatziki Sauce. Greek Rice
F:Steak and baked taters, corn on the cob, Cesare salad

Lunch: sandwiches (PB&J, Tuna, deli meat) Left over salads, Veggies and dip, granola

Breakfast: Baked Oatmeal, Yogurt, Muffins, Sugary boxed cereal that we only get when we go camping and fresh Fruit.

treats: Chips, Chocolate bars, ice cream, soda (It is a vacay after-all!)

3 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

hope you have a lovely few days away while camping. I prefer my creature comforts that camping doesn't provide!!

Gill

Gill - That British Woman said...

did you have a good time?

Gill

Cherie said...

Hey Gill!
Sorry for the late reply. Camping was awesome! I will post some pictures. Stay tuned! :)