Sunday, November 16, 2008

She`s Crafty....Now organise her!

Knitting, arts and crafts with the kids, Water colours, scrap-booking, sewing! Activities I love but I really need help with organising them. This is my project for late November/December and will likely take me through January (I have a lot of craft stuff) I have a plan to get there. I will divide the job into many steps so I do not get overwhelmed. I think once I do this my crafting experience will be so much better and be more productive. There are so many things that I could have made for Yule/Christmas this year but I didn't get anything done because of the chaos that is my art supplies, This is really sad!

Here is my plan:
  1. Gather supplies from all parts of the house.

    I will start at the top and work my way down. I will collect everything in rubber bins. I have chosen to sort everything in the basement so when I fill a bin I will put it there. I will set my timer and do this 15 minutes each day until everything is gathered.

  2. Declutter and Sort all supplies
  3. I will sort one bin at a time. I will use a garbage bag a give away box and put what I am keeping in each craft specified bin example: Arts and craft supplies in one bin, knitting in another, sewing stuff in another etc.

  4. Design the set up
  5. I have an idea in my head of how I want it to look but I want to look for other ideas for how to best set up the space (suggestions are more than welcome)

  6. Put it together
  7. The next 2 steps will be the most fun because they will just be amatter of putting things in their place.

  8. Put supplies in their place.

    See step 4.

    Now that it is written out the job doesnt see so big, especially broken into smaller jobs. I can do this! I am actually excited about it too! Anyone else want to join me setting up their craft area?

3 comments:

Kt said...

You can come organize for me too! :-D

Gill - That British Woman said...

I just wanted to say a big thank you for those lovely comments on my blog.

One idea I have is to make sure it is a dedicated space just for crafts. Also those cheap plastic filing cabinets that you can get at Wal-Mart are a great buy, as you can sort of see what is in the drawers...

Gill

Anna said...

I wish I had that much ambition! My craft, book, and writing areas are everyone and so cluttered. It drives my hubby nuts! And I'm with Kt...if you'd like to organize my space, too, feel free! ;)

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric