Friday, October 24, 2008

Lovely Laundry

I was thinking today how great it is to not have a Mount Washmore any more. I read about a laundry system on a Christian Home Schooler's blog several months ago and I adopted some of her suggestions and low and behold! I now have laundry under control! In a nutshell, I have each week day designated a laundry day and I try to get laundry in to wash during the morning routine rebooted to the dryer during lunch routine and folded and put away during early afternoon routine. I get my 7 yo to put her own clothes away and sometimes she will even put her own clothes in the machine, Each person has their own hamper for their laundry and I have hampers for towels and linens too, My Laundry days are:
  • Monday: My and dh's laundry
  • Tuesday:Children's Laundry
  • Wednesday: Bathroom Laundry
  • Thursday: Kitchen Laundry
  • Friday:Bedroom and other Laundry.
It is such a great system that I have kept it up for over 3 months now and the best part- I never have to do laundry on the weekend! How great is that!

2 comments:

marvel said...

So simple yet so genius! I gather up my laundry at the end of every week and drag it to my boyfriend's house to wash but if I had access to washer dryer I would definitely use your system.

Cherie said...

I remember well when I had to do laundry at a laundry at my mom&rsquot;s. The good thing about that was that she would always feed me while I was there! lol Here is to you having washer dryer access in your near future!