Thursday, August 7, 2008

Zucchinis!




We Collected the first harvest today! I am going to make muffins and various side dishes with them. The were grown completely pesticide free and watered with only rain water. I used organic fertilizer too. I cant wait to taste them in muffins! I already ate one right of the vine and it was so good!

I am also waiting on tomatoes beans peppers and cucumbers. I think my cukes may have swallowed the peppers those so I don't have much hope for them. I have loads of green tomatoes though. Beefsteak and Romas. This is the first year I planted food other than tomatoes. I am really happy with the results. I have big plans for next year!

2 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

glad you got a good crop of zucchini's, and hope the recipes on my blog gave you some ideas.....the carrot zucchini muffin recipe I have is the best.

Next week I am doing the same for tomatoes.

Glad you popped by,

Gill

Unknown said...

So, depressed by everyone's veggie gardens. Happy for you though. Just wish I had space, or enough sun to grow anything.