Sunday, August 10, 2008

Creating a Home Journal: Step 8 - Children's Section

In this section of my binder I keep all things pertaining to the children. Ever get asked "What do the children need?" or "What size is certain child?"by a grandparent or auntie? Well let me tell you it makes life so easy to flip to the children's section of journal and have all the info right there in the Clothing Inventory table.

CLOTHING INVENTORY
Name/Size     
Shirts, Winter    
Shirts, Summer    
Pants, Winter    
Pants, Summer    
Skirts    
Dresses    
Light Jacket    
Winter Coat    
Snow Pants    
Raincoat    
Sneakers, Outdoor     
Sneakers. School     
Dress Shoes    
Casual Sandals    
Rain Boots     
Swimsuits     
Pajamas     


Next in this section is School Information Our school request that we pay a flat fee at the beginning of the year and they provide school supplies. If your children's school doest do this, you may want to keep a list here. Blow is a blank version of the record I keep for each child attending school.

 

Child's Name  School Name  
Room Numer  Teacher's Name School Numer 

 

Schedule
1st Period MondayTuesdayWednesdayThursdayFriday
2nd Period
     
1st Break      
3rd Period      
4th Period      
2nd Break      
5th Period      
6th Period      



Project/ Test Name Date Assigned Date Due
   
   
   
   


I also keep vaccination records in this section and any other medical information.

The next part has all the information for the children's activities including schedules, equipment inventory, fee/rental receipts/contracts etc.

This part has a list of each child's friends and their phone numbers and addresses..

I also keep a running wish list for each child. when I see there is something they would like to have or do I write it down in this part. This section comes in handy for Holidays and birthdays.

The last part of this section is Rainy Day Activities. I keep ideas for activities like crafts and, fields trip ideas and Schedules for the pool, library and play groups here.

There you have it. Eventually Id like to inventory he toys too. but I dunno if I will ever get that good! lol but you never know!

Please feel free to use anything posted here to help you create your children's section. :)

2 comments:

Deanna S. said...

Hi Cherie - Love your ideas. When my kids get into school, I can really see how this would be helpful. We also started a "wish list" to help with the gimmies while at the store. Thanks for sharing!

P.S. Glad you liked the zucchini blossoms!

Unknown said...

Thank you! I'm going to put your ideas here into use in our home.