Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Knit Dish Cloths



I love these! They are a quick project for when I need to feel like I accomplished something.I can usually make one up as I watch an hour of TV. Here is the pattern I used:

Diagonal Dishcloth

Supplies needed:
• 1-2oz. skein of worsted weight cotton yarn
• Knitting needles size 8 or size needed for gauge
• Gauge 8 st=2"
Finished size 9" square

Instructions:
Cast on 2 sts.
Row 1: K2.
Row 2: K1, inc. (3 sts).
Row 3: K1, inc., K (4 sts).
Row 4: K2, inc., K (5 sts).
Row 5: K2, inc., K2 (6 sts).
Row 6: K3, yo, K3 Continue working in this manner (inc. 1 st each row with yo) until you have 50 sts on
needle.
1st decrease Row: K2, K2 tog, yo, K2 tog, K to end of row.
Repeat this row; decreasing 2 sts each row and forming eyelet by yo until 6 sts remain.
Next row: K2, K2 tog, K2 (5 sts).
Next row: K2, K2 tog, K1 (4 sts).
Next row: K1, K2 tog, K1 (3 sts).
Next row: K2 tog, K1 (2 sts).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Very nice! I really need to learn to knit.