Thursday, July 17, 2008

Going on vacation.

I am off for 5 days to hang out with my mum at her trailor. I love it up there! I thought this might be a good opportunity to post about preparing for a trip. By writing it all down for review I can decide what I need to do. This way I don't get overwhelmed because all I have to do is consult my list. I rarely forget anything important now either!

I start with a list that looks like this:

Where are we going?

Do we need passports or visas or vaccines? (make photocopies of documentation to leave at home)

Do we need plane, train or bus tickets?

Who will collect my mail/water my plants/take care of my pets for me?

Do we need to stop any subscription services?

Next I make my packing list. For this camping trip we didn't need much because my mom usually takes care of meals and the trailer is all set up so we just have to show up with our clothes

Packing List


CLOTHES
5-changes of clothes (include one warm outfit)
5-sets of underwear
2-sleep shirts/pjs
3 pairs-shoes (beach, rain, hiking)
1-swimsuits
1-swim towels
1-hoodie/
1-raincoat

TOILETRIES
toothbrushes
toothpaste
deodorant
hairbrush
hair things
shampoo
kids' shampoo
bug spray
sun block
medications
nail file
shaving kit

FOOD
pasta salad
bean salad
fruit
veggies
juice boxes
hot dogs
treats (we are on vacation after all!)
healthy snacks

MISC
videos
cell phone, cord, charger My phone is also my camera)
books, magazines
pool and toys
large garbage bags for dirty clothes
cash

so now I know where I am going How I am getting there and any other special concerns like vaccines and I have cancelled the paper for while I am away. Now I make my last check list. My walk out the door check list

Unplug all electronics
set timers for lights unplug auto garage openers
Set air conditions up to 85 degrees
You should already have mail pickups and plant and/or pet care arranged
load luggage and purse
Insure you have house and vehicle keys
do one last walk around the house make sure everything that needs to be is turned off and/or locked.

Now you are all set to have a great vacation!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hope you have a wonderful, relaxing time!