Friday, May 21, 2010

Knit knite

I am having my monthly Knit Night this evening. I am currently working on a shawl. I got the inspiration for a dish cloth pattern of all things! knit 2 yarn over knit to the end. continue until shawl matches arm span then do one row of *knit 2 yarn over knit 2 together knit one* repeat ** to the end then knit one row and bind off the next. I am doing this on size 10 needles so it looks pretty lacy without trying.

I really love Knit Night! We are an eclectic group of amazing woman. We each of different backgrounds and lifestyles. We have been getting together each month at my house for a few years now. The sisterhood we have created is like nothing I have ever expect to encounter. One of the woman refers to it as our "Red Tent" in reference to way back in biblical times when woman would come together while experiencing their moon-time . I truly think these kinds of traditions now excluded from modern life would benefit many women so much. It is important to discover versions that apply to life today. For me it is Knit Night. The sharing of ideas, comfort, listening and advice I receive on these evenings have saved me from years of therapy I am sure!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have fun! I wish I could knit. I've tried to teach myself in the past but haven't been very successful.

chksnowqueen said...

Kim,

You don't have to knit to participate. I crochet, someone else does scrapbooking, and another does her nails on occasion LOL.

Cherie,

It was a lovely evening, as always. We all had our spiritual batteries recharged. You have a very happy home. Thank you for welcoming us into it.

Christine