Sunday, September 27, 2009

Calendars

A must when trying to keep everyone organized. They record Dr. Appointments, Work/School Activities, Family Events, Birthdays whatever you need to remember. That is, as long as you use them. There are a lot of different electronic calendars available usually for free with your Operating System on your computer, or you can spend lots of money on fancy leather bound planners or you can draw a grid on paper and write in the days of the weeks with their corresponding dates - Whatever! There are a ton of options. Last year I used a calender I got for free for spending money at Mrs. Tiggy Winkles, a toy store near my house. This year the Dollar Store had one that was magnetized so I could stick it on my refrigerator for everyone to see and update as needed. It has really big squares for each day, a handy feature for writing in information. I also carry a personal planner that I can fit in my purse for recording things when I am out that I can later transfer onto the Master Calender. After trying many systems this is what works for our house. So simple really! I am sure this is why it works.

1 comment:

Deanna S. said...

Hi Cherie - it's been awhile since surfing my blogs so Hi again! We also use the old fashioned calendar attached to our kitchen wall for all appointments, events, kids playdates and deadlines. I've tried the handheld electronic organizer, cell phone organizer, even the desk book kind. None of it works better than having it staring at you while you are preparing meals or cleaning up (which I seem to be doing often!) Hope all is well.