Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Yule/Christmas Countdown!

I have decided to blog about my Yule/Christmas prep to help me stay on task.

I break my Holiday prep into 4 stages: Organization, Gifting, Cooking, and Celebrating. This plan is inspired from what I learned from Flylady.net and Organized Christmas (To give credit where it is due) I have a list for each week. It contains action items and a shopping list. I have all of these list in my Holiday Preparation Planner. My planner is made with a Pocket Folder. I will post a picture of it shortly. Here is an excellent example of what I am talking about.

This weeks List (I will post them on Monday from now on

Get Organized Week: November 21 - 27

To Do This Week;

  • Spend 15 minutes each day this week to get organized for Christmas.

  • Set up your Christmas Countdown Organizer in a notebook or binder.

  • Make a holiday calendar.

  • Begin at the beginning: review your family’s holiday traditions. Record your findings on Holiday Traditions* page.

  • Start a Master Gift List*: Record purchases and home-made gifts
  • Begin a Christmas Card List.

  • Are you traveling? Make Travel arrangements and reservations this week Will you host house guests? Make arrangements for overnight guests.

  • Arrange for family photo sessions for Holiday gifts or cards.

  • Make a holiday budget*.

  • Divide Christmas card list into 5 groups. Write and address one group this week.

  • Print Master Shopping List for errand days.

  • Set up Holiday House Work Plan. Post Chore Check List; determine who is responsible for what chore.

  • Check Holiday wardrobe for family. Put to buy items on list.


  • To Buy This Week:

  • Christmas cards or supplies for Christmas Letters

  • Postage Stamps

  • Begins Christmas shopping Divide master list into 5 sections Buy one section a week. Wrap gifts as they are purchased. Keep a running total of gift expenditures on budget form.

  • Purchase any holiday clothing needed for family members
  • No comments: