Monday, August 31, 2009

Back to School- Back to Routines

Tomorrow my three oldest children go back to school. This means the care free days of summer are replaced with the routines of the fall. I have to say I am looking forward to it. I like routines. When I was living in utter CHAOS I swore I hated them, that they were incompatible with me. LOL Boy oh Boy! Do I know better now! Routines are helping to bring me out of the CHAOS; they are my lifeline. They give me that place to start and keep me from getting overwhelmed. I have three that I use daily. In their most basic form they are as follows:

Evening

Brush teeth
Layout clothes

Morning
Make bed
Get dressed
Eat breakfast
Brush teeth

Afternoon
File mail
Read to children
Make dinner


This is the very bare bones of my routines. I also review them and update if needed this time of year. I will be posting my updated routines this week. If anyone is reading this and wishes to share a link back to their blog where they have posted their routines that is certainly welcomed.

No comments: